Last Revised: December, 2020
- NOTE REGARDING OUR BUSINESS USERS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, provide reviews, or engage with third parties;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our business customers and partners that that interact with our users across the Services and at customer locations.
Personal Information Provided by You. When you access or use the Services, you may provide us the following types of information:
- Contact Information. When you access and use the Services, you may provide certain personal information directly to us. For example, in order to create an account, you will be asked to provide your name and email address as well as username and login information. Additionally, you may choose share contact information of others in order to invite others to use the Services, in which case we will use that personal information only to provide the invitation.
- Reviews, Preferences, and Activities. When you use the Services, you may choose to provide your opinions or preferences regarding a wide range of activities, locations, foods, etc. For example, you might tell us your favorite restaurants, your ratings of different locations or dishes, or your preferences for venues. We also collect information regarding your activities on the Services and locations visited (see “Geolocation Information,” below, for more details) that we associate with your preferences in order to improve our recommendations to you.
- Geolocation Information. Certain parts of the Services rely on your location in order to work, and we may collection your geolocation information through our Services, including our Application, if you enable that functionality. For example, if you enable the functionality, we may make a menu available to you when you visit a restaurant. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Services.
- Social Media Information. We may enable you to log into the Services using a social media account, and if you do so you may be asked to grant us access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your avatar and public social media ID. We may also obtain an avatar photograph for to use with your profile through the Gravatar service (https://en.gravatar.com/), although in all cases, you will be able to change your profile picture if you choose. Social media networks operate independently from Grip Logic, and we are not responsible for social media networks’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. Please refer to the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform or application to determine how you may manage the interactivity between Grip Logic and your social media account.
Automatically-Collected Information. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, pixel tags, and related technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor);
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
- PUBLIC CONTENT
When you upload your own content to the Services, you understand that the content you provide is intended for public access. For example, any photographs or reviews that you provide to Grip Logic are made available in the public portions of the Services, together with your public profile. Certain parts of your profile information are also available to users of the Services.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Provide you with recommendations that might be of interest to you based on your preferences, including by providing third-party services, offers, or promotions;
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with services you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To businesses on the Services subject to your control, for example, if you would like to directly pass along a complaint to a business;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service [INSERT HYPERLINK] and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Grip Logic, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your personal information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets. However, in such event, any acquirer will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you.
- DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- YOUR CHOICES
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services. To learn more about third-party advertising, and to opt out of certain ad-targeting activities, please visit: preferences-mgr.truste.com, aboutads.info/choices, and youronlinechoices.com. To learn more about Microsoft’s privacy practices, see: privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement; to opt-out of interest based advertising with Microsoft, see https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads. To learn more about Google’s advertising policies, see: policies.google.com/technologies/ads; your ad settings with Google, see: adssettings.google.com; and Google’s ad personalization, see: policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To learn more about Quora’s privacy practices, see quora.com/about/privacy; to opt-out of interest based advertising with Quora, see: http://www.aboutads.info/choices and https://www.youronlinechoices.com/. To learn more about LinkedIn’s privacy practices, see linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy; to opt-out of interest based advertising from LinkedIn, see www.aboutads.info/choices and www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.youradchoices.ca/choices. To learn more about Twitter’s privacy practices, see twitter.com/en/privacy; to opt-out of interest based advertising from Twitter, see https://optout.aboutads.info. To learn more about Facebook’s privacy practices, see facebook.com/policy.php; to opt-out of interest based advertising with Facebook, see http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email. Please note that it is not possible to opt out of necessary communications such as reservation confirmations, communications regarding the Services, etc.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
You may opt out of third-party advertising services participating in the Network Advertising Institute and the Digital Advertising Alliance by visiting https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and https://optout.aboutads.info/, respectively.
If you access our Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
- ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change information associated with your account, including your avatar, username, and reviews, by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also request to delete your personal information. If you choose to delete your account, we may keep such information for as long as necessary to maintain our legal obligations.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the information set forth below.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not directed to, and Grip Logic does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the information set forth below.
- DATA TRANSFERS
Grip Logic is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- CONTACT US